Code Of Conduct
The Short Form
We invite you to come to IndiaFOSS 3.0 in a spirit of curiosity, friendliness, open-mindedness, and respect. We will not tolerate harassment in any form.
At the IndiaFOSS 3.0 venue and related online forums, you agree to:
- Be kind and sensitive to the people around you and respect the boundaries of other attendees.
- Attempt to resolve differences of opinion peacefully.
- Avoid harassment, exclusionary or offensive behaviour of any kind. This includes but is not limited to offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.-
Violations can be reported online by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to IndiaFOSS 3.0 volunteers at the venue.
If a participant engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, the Code of Conduct team may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the community and community events with no refund of event tickets. Please read on for a more detailed version of the Code of Conduct below.
The Long Form
IndiaFOSS 3.0 is a community organized conference intended for advocating the use, adoption and creation of the Free and Open Source Software in India. It is also a platform for fostering networking and collaboration among the FOSS developer and enthusiasts community in India.
We believe in the broad spectrum of individual and collective experience and in the inherent dignity of all people. We believe that amazing things happen when people from different background and world-views approach each other to create a conversation.
IndiaFOSS 3.0 welcomes everyone and is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, physical appearance, disability, neurotype, race, religion, political opinion, culture or employment. We don’t tolerate harassment of attendees in any form.
This Code of Conduct applies to the venue of IndiaFOSS 3.0 Conference, pre-event & post-event informal gatherings, related online forums and all conference related events organized by FOSS United Foundation.
This is applicable to speakers, participants, sponsors, volunteers and organizers.
Be The Best You Can Be
- Be kind, sensitive, understanding and respectful to other attendees.
- Listen with empathy when someone has a different perspective.
- Talk to the volunteers if you see something inappropriate or feel something is wrong.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience, including people from many different backgrounds.
- Do not insult or put down attendees or engage in any action that violates the open, welcoming and sharing spirit of the conference.
Please Refrain From
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion.
- Violent threats or language directed against another person.
- Swearing, insults or discriminatory/exclusionary/offensive jokes or language.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording.
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Using sexually explicit or violent material in presentations. Sexual language or imagery is inappropriate for all aspects of the conference, including talks and exhibits.
- Unwelcome sexual attention or inappropriate physical contact.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Repeated harassment of others. In general, if someone asks you to stop, then stop.
- Avoid use of sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
We have zero tolerance on harassment of conference participants in any form, including, but not limited to the activities mentioned here.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If you are being harassed or notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please reach out to us at email@example.com, before, during or after the conference.
Feel free to contact a conference volunteer to find Code of Conduct committee or directly reach out to Code of Conduct committe and they will take your report and do the needful action. Volunteers will be wearing "IndiaFOSS 3.0 Volunteer" badges and CoC committe will be wearing a special color shirt to be able to easily identify them. Please be assured that any report/incident you shared with us will be highly confidentialy and will not leave outside the bounds of CoC committee members.
Contact any of the following person. The Helpdesk can assist you in finding them at the venue:
We take every report seriously and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment for all attendees. Your cooperation helps us ensure a positive experience for everyone at IndiaFOSS 3.0. Thank you for being proactive in maintaining the integrity of our community.
This Code of Conduct is being derived from PyCon India 2023 Conference Code of Conduct.
IndiaFOSS 3.0 Conference Code of Conduct is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.