Digital Security Training
This workshop called the Digital Security Training will cover the following, focusing on FOSS tools to establish good practices in the following domains
1. Privacy (the legal aspects of the domain)
2. Data Breaches/Leaks (which helps people identify/classify data and take appropriate measures to protect it)
3. Data Profiling (this covers the practices of different actors which profile Internet users according to their activities on the Internet)
4. Threat Modelling (which is a DIY exercise which equips the attendee to gain a better understanding of his/her data)
5. Safety Measures (this module covers general steps which equips the attendee to develop healthy habits in using digital devices/services).
6. Privacy/Security Tools (this module aims to introduce the attendees to some effective tools that can be used to safeguard the Privacy/Security of the attendees).
7. Social Media Security (this module covers walk-throughs of the privacy settings of different social media platforms/apps).
8. Encryption (This module covers basics on how to encrypt and protect your devices from external actors)
9. Legal Basics (This module covers laws, legislation's and procedures for phone tapping, search and seizure etc)
10. Women Safety(This module covers legal recourse's that women can take for cyber crimes)
11. Spyware and Stalk ware (This module covers security practices aimed at teaching early detection of spyware and stalkware to the audience)