Distributed Databases 101Check Reference
- What is a database? A first-principles overview
- What's ACID, and why is it necessary?
- Why Distributed DBs? What are the use-cases?
- Attempt to introduce the idea of distributed databases as a necessary evil due to scale demands
- What does that scale look like?
- What are the problems?
- Uncertainty in network, randomness, etc
- What's CAP?
- The 2-generals problem and Consensus
- A Brief overview of Raft
- What are some of the latest innovations in the field?
The aim of this talk is to provide a high-level overview of the entire field, and hopefully interest some people in learning more about the field in general.
Want to discuss?