Research Narratives: An inclusive data-analysis community hubCheck Reference
We present Research Narratives, a webapp, that came out of a vision to have an environment that encourages responsible use of data for research and communication. The tool allows researchers, journalists, and students to create datastories collaboratively.
Research Narratives: https://researchnarratives.netlify.app
- Project description (5 mins)
- We live amidst a data deluge: Many of us use or aspire to use data for various purposes — to understand, to describe or to predict. What information a dataset contains is entirely dependent on what was measured, how and for what purpose. A thorough understanding of this context is necessary for doing meaningful data analysis or interpretation.
- Research Narratives aims to enable communities of researchers and authors to create and explore linked resource repositories that are richly annotated with all the relevant contextual information.
- This helps develop the sensibility and prudence in the community to decide what the data can possibly say and what it cannot.
- It allows the reader to transparently trace back and understand how the data has been collected and analysed through rich documentation.
- Examples (5 mins)
- We will present the complexities that underlie a dataset using one case study and demonstrate how some of the features of Research Narrative will help the author understand and share transparently with the readers
- Demo (10 mins)
- We will demonstrate the current functionality of the proof of concept that is in development
- We will introduce the codebase and provide entry points for contribution while presenting our Roadmap