Treasure Mapping the Cloud: Cartography for Security and ComplianceCheck Reference
This talk will offer a deep dive into Cartography, a cutting-edge tool that consolidates and visualizes infrastructure assets and their relationships through Neo4j, a graph database. Cartography provides an intuitive, unified view of an organization's entire infrastructure, from understanding the potential scope of a security breach to identifying compliance issues. Attendees will learn how to implement Cartography, add custom data, and build insightful reports, all while exploring real-world examples and interactive demonstrations.
- Security Professionals
- DevOps Engineers
- IT Managers and Administrators
- Compliance and Risk Management Teams
- Software Developers interested in Infrastructure Management
- Introduce Cartography: Explain what Cartography is, the problems it solves, and why it's a necessary tool in today's complex technological landscape.
- Demonstrate How Cartography Works: Understand how Cartography fetches, transforms, and loads data into Neo4J, utilizing nodes and relationships.
- Explore How to Add Data: Walk through adding new intel modules, emphasizing custom data integration.
- Guide on Building Reports: Teach attendees how to build comprehensive reports using tools like Observable and Neo4J's native UI.
- Engage with Real-World Examples: Showcase real-life scenarios where Cartography has been effectively implemented, and offer interactive examples for hands-on learning.
- Highlight Security and Compliance: Focus on Cartography's ability to analyze security risks and compliance issues, including demonstrating relevant queries.
- Background on Infrastructure Complexity
- Introduction to Cartography and its Importance
- Key Features and Supported Platforms
- How Cartography Helps
- Neo4j Graph Database
- Complex Query Examples
- Security and Compliance Analysis
- Implementation and Customization
- Installing and Configuring Cartography
- Adding Custom Data and Intel Modules
- Building Queries and Reports
- Case Studies and Demonstrations
- Live Demo: Setting up Cartography
- Case Studies: Real-world Implementations
- Interactive Exercises: Building Queries
- Future Prospects and Community Engagement
- Roadmap and Upcoming Features
- Community Involvement and Contribution Opportunities
- Q&A Session
- Open the floor for questions, insights, and discussions.
The proposed talk aims to empower attendees with the knowledge and tools to harness Cartography's potential in managing and understanding infrastructure assets. With a blend of theory, real-world examples, and hands-on demonstrations, this session promises an engaging and enlightening experience.